Are you concerned about paying your bill or getting disconnected?

If you are having difficulty paying an energy bill or if your bill is overdue and/or you have received a reminder notice, you should contact your provider immediately to discuss your payment options. Don’t ignore the notice.

You may also need to consider contacting a welfare agency and seeking the advice of a financial counsellor who can provide you with general advice and, if necessary, can prepare a budget to assist you in your negotiations with your provider.

Organisation Phone number
Advocacy Tasmania 1800 005 131
Anglicare 1800 007 007
Colony 47 1800 265 669
Community Legal Centres Tasmania email only
Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania (including Tasmanian Aboriginal Community Legal Service) 1300 366 611
National Debt Hotline 1800 007 007
Salvation Army 1300 371 288
Speak Out Advocacy (03) 6231 2344
Uniting Care (03) 6244 1144

Fact Sheets

Are you having difficulty paying your bills? (PDF, 99.6 KB)

Disconnections and restriction of supply  (PDF, 121.0 KB)